While scanning my Reader feed the other night, after a break from writing posts, I ran across a post from The Shameful Narcissist over on The Shameful Narcissist Speaks. I admittedly haven’t been following her for long (compared to my total tenure on WordPress), but her work is something that I’ve determined I have been missing out on. After all, she covers a metric crap-ton* of topics and puts a lot of work into each post. Truly a thoughtful creator, and worthy of being on just about anyone’s list of followed bloggers.
With that said, let’s get into the mystery meat of this post!
Rules and Stuff:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
*The award was created by Okoto Enigma*
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
Q&A From The Shameful Narcissist
1. The Doctor shows up in the Tardis. Are you going to the future or the past? How far would you go in either direction?
I might be putting a little too much thought into this, but hear me out. It seems that every episode where the companion picks the destination, things go to Hell really quickly (Rose wanting to meet her dad for instance). With that in mind, I’d probably just trust the Doctor to pick a suitable time and place for us to visit.
Also, I’d have to make sure that he brought Jennifer along, because she’d kill me if I didn’t.
2. Barring black or white, if you had to wear one color for the rest of your life, what color would that be?
This one is easy. Blue is my favorite color, so I’d definitely go with that.
3. Tea or coffee?
Coffee, of course. Black coffee to be precise. None of that sissy sugar and cream crap.
4. Do you prefer urban, rural, or suburban?
Probably a mix between rural and suburban. I want to be able to live in a house with some space. I’d still want to have the benefits of living in a larger city (like having decent internet), while having the luxury of not living on top of my neighbors. I did the big city thing, and I’m not for it anymore.
Living on the floor above the crazy cat lady’s apartment (who sings loudly to her cats at 12am) is a little too much for me.
5. What do you think there should be a wiki for that there isn’t already (I guess this is the weird question)?
I can’t really think of something that I have wanted to be able to look up that I can’t already, so I’d have to say that a wiki of other wikis would be nice to have. Something that helps you find other wikis, complete with summaries of them? That’d be a good idea I think.
I will have to side with my nominator on this one. What makes my “best post”?
For all time highest number of views, it’s my post about why VR Isn’t Worth It. I did put a decent amount of time into it, though I think the bulk of my views on it came from folks that were upset about me not having a glowing perception of VR as a platform. So far, I still don’t think that VR is a proven platform.
My best review so far has been my Horizon: Zero Dawn review, which I think deserves special recognition since reviews is kinda what Falcon Game Reviews is about. I also think that I still need to praise Horizon: Zero Dawn even more. It’s an excellent title, and I can’t believe that it isn’t a bigger deal than it is already.
My most liked post so far has been Why I Prefer Physical Copies, which I feel has spurred a good discussion on the subject. It’s definitely a contentious one, that’s for sure.
However, the posts that I’ve enjoyed the most are the ones that I’ve put the most creative thought into. Those would have to be from the series of The Long Dark Survivor Stories. They play into my creative writing love, and have convinced me that I should put more effort into actually writing my book.
Three Things About Myself
I have made many statements about myself over the course of running this site, so I’ll try to come up with stuff about myself that I haven’t already disclosed.
- I’m a Christian. Though I’m probably not what most people think of when they consider what a Christian is. I believe in God, but I acknowledge that evolution is a very real thing. I don’t deny science just because I believe in a higher power, because I don’t think that science and faith are at odds with each other. Instead, my faith guides the way I live my life. I choose to try to be a good person. To give of myself, to be kind and understanding, and to try and make the world a better place. All just one small gesture at a time.
- Meeting Jennifer is easily the best thing that ever happened to me. Even a cursory glance at my blog would give a pretty good indication to readers that my wife is a big part of my life. She’s my best friend, my partner in everything I do, and the biggest inspiration I have. She’s always been there for me, always encouraged me, and constantly tells me how great I am. And let’s face it, she’s definitely right. I’m pretty damn great.
- I have skin cancer, but I don’t care. I know it sounds odd. I mean, I still make sure I wear sunscreen when I go outside, go to the doctor when I need to, and Jennifer checks me for new spots on a regular basis. It’s more just that I don’t remember that it’s something that I suffer from. I just forget that I have cancer, because I don’t feel like it is the type of cancer that so many others are afflicted with. It feels wrong to me to tell people that I have cancer, because it only is in my skin. It isn’t lymphoma, lung cancer, or a brain tumor after all, and it isn’t actively killing me. I don’t think I deserve sympathy or recognition for it when so many others have it so much worse.
I know… That got a little deep.
This is getting more and more difficult. I picked through some of the most recent additions I’ve made to my followed sites, and below are only a sample of the list. Please take a moment to check out these sites!
Now, to conclude, I present the questions that I have for the folks I’ve listed!
- What’s something that you know you should give up, but haven’t; and why haven’t you?
- Name something that makes you truly happy. Not something you merely enjoy. Something that fills you with joy.
- What’s the proudest you’ve ever been of yourself, or someone else?
- What is your favorite video game weapon (realistic or ridiculous)?
- What is the strangest thought that has entered your brain? Don’t act like there hasn’t been one…
With that, I leave you to the rest of your day! Thank you for reading, and thank you again to The Shameful Narcissist for mentioning me! Now to play some more Cities: Skylines! Or Forza Horizon 3. Or This War Of Mine. Maybe The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion? But… Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst… And Fallout: New Vegas.
*Not an officially recognized unit of measurement